Training final move bug

Questions and answers for COW Macintosh and Windows
lordgro

Training final move bug

Post by lordgro »

The following occurs during training with "Show No more candidates" unchecked in both the Windows and Mac versions: clicking forward at the final move of a line results in the position rewinding without showing the move that stumped you. It sometimes shows the beginning of the move, but the animation is cut off.
lordgro

Re: Training final move bug

Post by lordgro »

Build 67 for Mac and PC is also current version
MikeAtBookup

Post by MikeAtBookup »

lordgro wrote:The following occurs during training with "Show No more candidates" unchecked in both the Windows and Mac versions: clicking forward at the final move of a line results in the position rewinding without showing the move that stumped you. It sometimes shows the beginning of the move, but the animation is cut off.
With the "Show No More Candidates" unchecked, it will go ahead and rewind without showing you that message.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "move that stumped you." It sounds like you played the final move correctly and the program rewound like it should.
-------------------
Mike Leahy
:geek: Head Geek at bookup.com
lordgro

Post by lordgro »

Let's say you are training and you don't know what to play at some point. You can't remember. This is being "stumped". When this happens naturally you click the forward (single right-pointing arrow) button. Then the program plays the move you forgot and its reply. You continue training.

The problem arises when the move you are unable to remember is the final move. You press the forward button. Instead of playing the final move and rewinding, COW rewinds immediately without showing the move you forgot. It is rewinding a second too fast. So you have to play thru the line again until you reach the same point,and since you don't know what the last move is, you have to play every legal move until you hit the correct one, or stop training to see the move.

Since this wasn't an issue with pre-2016 issues I thought I would bring it to your attention.
MikeAtBookup

Post by MikeAtBookup »

Hmmm. I will have to look at this. It should behave the same way as the legacy version.

Of course, if one it stumped, stopping training is the way to go. Resuming training is hopefully not too onerous.
-------------------
Mike Leahy
:geek: Head Geek at bookup.com